Exercise in pregnancy has many benefits!
- reducing back and pelvic pain
- may reduce your risk of developing gestational diabetes and preeclampsia
- reduced rate of caesarian births
- promotes healthy weight during pregnancy
- improves your overall fitness and strengthens your heart and blood vessels
It can also:
- boost your mood
- helps fight fatigue
- improves your sleep.
Everyone has a different pregnancy, even the same mum with a different child can have a very different pregnancy experience.
Exercise can help physically and mentally!
Speak to your maternal healthcare team if you are new to exercise and are pregnant, however there are not too many things to change if you are already pregnant and exercising!
Listen to your body and seek help if you need assistance.